- Chicken with bones-1 pound (chicken with bones tastes better than boneless chicken)
- For dry powder-kus kus 3/4 tsp,black peppercorns 1/2 tsp,fennel(sombu) 1/2 tsp,dry red chillis 3
- Masala-Medium Onion,Tomato-1 roughly chopped,Green chillis -3,Garlic-3 pods,Ginger-1/2 inch
- Coconut grated-4 tbsps
- Seasoning-Cinnanom 1 stick,cardamon 3 pods
- Salt-1 1/2 tbsps
- Oil-4 tbsps
- corriander leaves-4 stripes chopped
- Clean chicken and marinate it with little salt,turmeric powder,chilli powder,Meat/chicken masala,lime juice
- In a kadai without oil dry roast the powder ingrediants,transfer to blender and powder it
- In the same kadai heat 1 tbsp oil ,add the masala items one by one and saute for 3 to 4 mins and then transfer it to the blender and grind it along with the already powdered dry ingrediants.Run the blender until all are well grinded.Afterwards add the coconut and once again run the blender.
- Heat the cooker,add the rest oil followed by the seasonings,Now add the mixture from the blender and saute for 4 mins.Always the onion,tomato mixture tends to boil and spread around.Dont worry slightly close the cooker with lid so that you dont get a springler of masala around the cooker.
- Add the chicken and mix it well with the masalas.Add salt.Put on the weight and cook for 4 whisltes.
- After the pressure is released,add corriander leaves.
- Serve with paratha,plain rice,briyani .
Madurai style Chicken Kuzhambu