- White button mushroom-1 box/1 pound chopped
- Onion-1 medium finely chopped
- Tomato-1 small finelly chopped
- Cilantro/kothamalli illai(in tamil)-6 or 7 stripes finely chopped
- Powders-turmeric 1/4 tsp,redchilli pwd 1/4 tsp,cumin pwd 1/4 tsp,pepper pwd 3/4 tsp
- Seasoning-cumin/jeera seeds
- Oil-3 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Lime juice-2 to 3 squeezes
Heat a kadai on stove,add oil,when it is heated,add the cumin/jeera seeds for seasoning.When it splutters,add onions saute for 2 mins,add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.Add the chopped mushrooms and coat it nicely with onion and tomato mixture.Now add the powders.Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.Mushroom loses its water contents in this stage.Let the water to evaporate making the contents thick.Add salt and cook for 1 min.Remove from heat, garnish with chopped corriander leaves.Add lime juice.
Serve as a side dish for chapatis.
pepper mushroom-side dish for chapatis
- Adjust the pepper powder depending on how much hot you want the dish to be.
- It tastes good if cooked with EVOO-Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Side dish-15 to 20 minutes (from scratch to finish)
- Chapatis-30 minutes (again with multitasking effort)